AT YOUR APPOINTMENT
Floating is easy. The basic steps are:
- Disrobe, removing any jewelry or contact lenses. Insert provided earplugs.
- Shower thoroughly.
- Enter the float tank and enjoy your float! You can float for up to 90 minutes.
- Music will signal that your session is over. Take a moment to transition from the float tank to the shower. Rinse off thoroughly and enjoy the lasting effects of your float.
- Enjoy complimentary organic tea in our spacious and comfortable lobby.
Come as you are. We supply the amenities: towels, washcloth, bathrobes, soap, shampoo and lotion. We have spare contact lens cases and solution. In our "Primp Room", you'll find combs, hairspray and hair dryers for your post-float convenience. Please check out our FAQs page for more information.
Preparing for your float:
We have a couple of pre-floating tips that might help make your experience even better.
- We recommend that you avoid shaving for about six hours before your appointment; the saltwater can irritate freshly shaven skin. If you have any small cuts, cover them with the petroleum jelly provided.
- You may have an easier time settling into your float if you avoid caffeine before your session.
If you have any of the following conditions, you should not float:
- You have had your hair colored (bleach is okay) recently or a spray tan. The recommended wait time is 10 days. This will ensure that the tank solution will not discolor your hair, and your hair or spray tan will not discolor our solution.
- You are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- You have a new tattoo. The recommended wait time is four weeks.
- You have epilepsy that is not medically controlled and supervised.
- You are in your first trimester of pregnancy.
- You have an infectious disease or large cuts or open wounds.
Floating is safe and beneficial for virtually everyone. If you have any concerns about your ability to float safely, please check with your doctor.